Last Updated: July 10, 2018
- IIIHow We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
- IVHow Long We Keep Your Personal Data
- VHow We Disclose Your Personal Data
- VIHow We Protect Your Personal Data
- VIIYour Rights with Regards to Your Personal Data
- VIIIHow We Process Children's Personal Data
- IXThird-Party Service Providers and Their Services
- XHow Your Personal Data Is Transferred Globally
- XIIProduct-Specific Details
“Affiliated Company” refers to a company that is related to OPPO due to joint ownership or control.
“Third Parties” refer to companies or persons who do not have a related relationship arising out of joint ownership or control with OPPO (i.e., a non-affiliated company) or other non-related persons. Third parties can be financial or non-financial companies, or persons other than you and OPPO.
“Personal Data” refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are transferred from our websites, applications or services and stored on your device. OPPO’s websites, online services, interactive applications, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. Cookies may be stored on your computer for a short time (such as only while your browser is open) or for an extended period of time, even years. Cookies not set by this site will not be accessible to us.
2. Our cookie usage
(3) Many web browsers have Do Not Track function. Such function can issue Do Not Track request to websites. If Do Not Track is enabled on your browser, all of our websites will respect your choice.
(4) As true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
3. Removing/disabling cookies
Managing your cookies and cookie preferences must be done from within your browser's options/preferences. Here is a list of guides on how to do this for popular browser software:
· Microsoft Internet Explorer
· Microsoft Edge
· Mozilla Firefox
· Google Chrome
· Safari for macOS
· Safari for iOS
4. More information about cookies
For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, see the www.allaboutcookies.org website.
IIIHow We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
OPPO collects data for efficient operations and to provide you with the best product experience. Our channels for collecting personal data include: (1) you provide us your data directly, (2)we record certain data about how you interact with our products, and/or (3) we obtain certain data about you from third parties.
The data we collect depends on the environment in which you interact with OPPO, the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. It is worth noting that we usually treat the shipping area recorded on the mobile phone box as the actual location where your phone is used and comply with local laws and regulations, including those for data protection.
1. Personal data we collect
(1) Information directly provided by you
The services we provide for you require you to provide information directly to us. For instance:
a.Registering an OPPO ID or filling out a warranty card/electronic warranty card requires you to create an account or to complete a personal profile. In these services, we may ask you to provide personal data to set up an account or a personal profile. Types of personal data include name, date of birth, mobile number, email address, username and password created, photos, etc.
b.If you order products from us, request a return or refund, or use a paid service, we may collect your delivery details, bank account number, credit card details, billing address, information for credit check and other financial information, contact and communication records, etc., so we can process your order.
c.Some of our services allow you to communicate and share with others. The communicated or shared content may be transmitted through and stored in our system.
d.Face and Fingerprints Recognition enables rapid unlocking of your device with your pre-recorded facial or fingerprint information. To achieve the above objectives, you will need to provide your facial feature information from different angles or your fingerprint information (which will only be stored locally within your device). We will not upload your facial feature or fingerprint information onto our servers, which means it is impossible for us to disclose such information to any third party or use it for any other purpose.
We may ask you to provide personal data and collect it under other circumstances, these circumstances include participating in prize draws or competitions, participating in promotional or marketing activities organized by us or our business partners, completing questionnaires, participating in user forums or blogs hosted by us or our business partners. The information you provide helps us design and improve the products, personalize your shopping experience, and provide purchase suggestions. We may match your information with third-party data to better understand your needs.
(2) Service usage information
In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information about your use of our services through software on your device and other means. For example, we may collect:
a.Device information — such as device name, device model, region and language settings, device identification number (IMEI number, etc.), device hardware information and status, usage habits, IP address, operating system version, and settings of the device used to access the service.
b.Log information — such as when and how long the service is used, search terms entered through the service, and error log information of your device. Because of the design features of the Android system, when you choose to share error log information of your device with us, the Android system may sometimes send us simultaneously the personal information such as phone number, email address, Facebook account, etc. We promise not to use such information for personal identification and after analyzing the error log data, we will periodically clear such data (usually within 30 days after collection).
c.Location information — such as the device’s GPS signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers, ID of the device’s location, network service provider ID, which may be sent to us when you use certain services. We will ask you which applications you want to enable location-based services for. You can modify the location settings of your device from the device settings, such as changing or disabling the method or server used in location-based services, or modifying the accuracy of your location information, hence changing the location information provided to OPPO.
d.Voice information — for example, audio that we record (and may store on our servers) when you use voice commands to control the service.
e.Album information — for example, to provide you with the function to display photo locations as well as to classify your photos and videos, we need to collect the latitude and longitude information of your photo and video files; when you search for a certain picture, we will collect the term you entered and the number of pictures identified locally .
f.Camera — to ensure the camera app works normally, we collect the operational data (e.g. how many times you use the app), information about your device (e.g. IMEI, device model, IP address, version of operating system), characteristic information about the photos taken (e.g. photosensitivity, number of faces captured) and the information of available space left in your mobile.
g.Other information about your use of the service — such as the version of the application being used, the website visited, and how you interact with the content provided through the service.
h.Please note that we may cooperate with third-party service providers to achieve the above business functions, for instance, when a third-party service provider provides voice to text conversion services on our behalf, it may receive and store certain personal data. These third parties may not use this information for any other purpose.
(3) Obtaining data from a third party
Where permitted by law, we may obtain data about you from public or commercial sources and may combine it with other information received or relevant to you. If you choose to use our services by logging in with third-party accounts such as QQ, WeChat, Alipay, Weibo, and Facebook, etc., we may also obtain your public information from these services, such as your alias, profile picture, etc.
2. How we use your personal data
· Provide and improve our products. The personal data we collect will be used to provide you with OPPO's products and services, process your orders or fulfill the contract between you and OPPO to ensure the functionality and safety of our products and services, to verify your identity, to prevent and investigate fraud or other improper use.
· Customer Support. We use data to diagnose product issues, repair customer equipment, and provide other customer care and support services. Your mobile user identification information, mobile device’s unique identifier, and geographic location information can be used to activate your warranty service and specific software licenses and may be used to invite you to participate in surveys. We also use this information to improve our products and analyze the efficiency of our business operations. However, we will not use this information to track your location. We may also collect your email address to reply your questions or comments raised in the “Contact Us” section of our websites.
· Product Improvements. We use data to constantly improve our products, including the addition of new features and functionality. For example, we use error reports to improve security features and use usage data to determine cell phone sequencing. We use mobile phone numbers obtained through offline sales channels, electronic warranties, and account registrations to conduct survey and return visit to users in order to improve user experience.
· Advertising. The personal data we collect will be used to personalize the product and to provide you with more tailored services, for example: your information can be used to recommend and display content and advertisements tailored to you on our services, or be used to conduct research and pay return visits to customers. In order to improve our products or services, with your consent, we may match your personal data (including but not limited to the de-identified location information so that it is no longer associated with a particular person) with third-party data to form a user profile so that we can conduct product development or deliver targeted product information to you (through post, email, phone and fax).
· Commercial Promotion Activities. If you participate in prize draws, contests or similar promotional activities held by OPPO, we will use the personal data you provide to manage such activities.
IV How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
Our retention period for personal data is the minimum time necessary to realize the purpose of collection unless a longer retention period is required by law. Beyond the above retention period, we will delete or anonymize your personal data.
V How We Disclose Your Personal Data
At times OPPO may make certain personal information available to affiliated companies and strategic partners that work with OPPO to provide products and services. Your information will not be shared with third parties for their own independent marketing or commercial purposes.
We will only share your personal data for lawful, legitimate, necessary, specific and clear purposes, and only personal data necessary for service provision will be shared. Our partners are not allowed to use the shared personal data for any other purposes.
2. We will only disclose your personal data under the following circumstances:
(1) After we obtain your explicit consent;
(2) Disclose in accordance with laws: we may disclose your personal data if it is compulsorily required by laws, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal proceedings, legal actions or government agencies, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
VI How We Protect Your Personal Data
1. We have taken reasonably practical and technical measures to protect the collected information related to the service. However, please note that although we have taken reasonable measures to protect your information, no websites, Internet transmissions, computer systems or wireless connections are absolutely secure.
2. We have taken safeguarding measures in accordance with industry standards to protect the personal data you provided and prevent data from unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. We take all reasonably practical measures to protect your personal data. In particular:
(1) We will de-identify your personal data to mitigate the risk that other organizations or individuals may identify you on the basis of that personal information. We use SSL to encrypt many services. We periodically review practices regarding information collection, storage and possessing (including physical security measures), to prevent various systems from unauthorized access.
(2) We only allow OPPO employees and personnel of authorized service companies who need the personal data to process it to access such personal data, and they are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. If they fail to perform these obligations, they may be held liable or their relationship with OPPO may be terminated.
(3) The security of your information is extremely important for us. Therefore, we endeavor to ensure the security of your personal data and implement measures such as full security encryption during storage and transmission to prevent your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. At the same time, no one can access the specific content of some encrypted data except the users themselves.
(4) When we transmit and store your special categories of personal data, we will use security measures such as encryption. When we store personal biometric information, we will treat it with technical measures before storage. For instance, storing only the digest of personal biometric information.
3. In case of personal data security incident, in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations, we will promptly inform you the basic situations and possible influence of the security incident, response measures we have taken or will take, suggestions for you regarding self-prevention and risk reduction, remedial measures for you, etc. We will inform you in a timely manner by email, post, telephone, push notification, etc. regarding the relevant situations of the incident. When it is difficult to notify each personal data subject individually, we will issue a notice in a reasonable and effective manner. At the same time, we will take the initiative to report on the handling of personal data security incident in accordance with regulatory requirements.
VII Your Rights with Regards to Your Personal Data
OPPO will respect your legal rights to your personal data. Below are the rights that you have under law, and what OPPO does to protect those rights. Please note that for the sake of security, we may ask you to verify your identity before processing your request.
2. The right to access: If you wish to access your personal data, you can login to your account and access the information you provided when registering the OPPO ID through “Settings - OPPO IDs”.
3. The right to rectification: If you find that there is a mistake with your personal data we process, you are entitled to ask us to make rectifications. You can rectify your information via the link: https://id.oppo.com/static/userdata_index.html, or contacting our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The right to erasure: You can submit a request to us to delete personal data if we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it. You can delete your information via the link: https://id.oppo.com/static/userdata_index.html, or contacting our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com.
5. The right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask OPPO to restrict how we process your personal data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. You can realize your right to restriction of processing via the link: https://id.oppo.com/static/userdata_index.html, or contacting our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The right to data portability: To the extent permitted by laws and regulations, you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move copy or transfer your personal data easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usage. You can exercise your right to the restriction of processing via the link: https://id.oppo.com/static/userdata_index.html, or contacting our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com.
7. The right to object: You have the right to object to OPPO processing your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purpose of statistics. You can object OPPO processing your data via the link: https://id.oppo.com/static/userdata_index.html, or contacting our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. The right to withdraw consent: If you have given us your consent to process your personal data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and OPPO must stop processing your data. You can withdraw your consent via the link: https://id.oppo.com/static/userdata_index.html, or contacting our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com.
9. The right to object automated individual decision-making: You have right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling. If these decisions significantly affect your lawful rights, you are entitled to ask for an explanation via the link: https://id.oppo.com/static/userdata_index.html or contacting our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org, which we will respond to and take appropriate measures to resolve, as necessary.
10. The right to lodge a complaint: You can the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection authority.
We will respond and reply to your above requests as soon as possible, and generally within seven days and no later than one month upon receipt of your request. (If necessary and as permitted by law, we may extend it by an additional two months. We will inform you the reason for the extension within the aforementioned one month, for example, if the request is complex or involves a large volume of data). If you are not satisfied with a response you received, you can refer the complaint to the relevant regulatory authority in your jurisdiction.
VIII How We Process Children’s Personal Data
1. Our products, websites and services are mainly adult-oriented. A child should not create his/her own user account. We treat anyone under 16 years old (or equivalent minimum age in relevant jurisdiction) as a child.2. When we find that a child’s personal data is collected, we will delete the relevant data as soon as possible.
IX Third-Party Services Providers and Their Services
1. OPPO websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. You can choose whether to access websites, products and services provided by third parties or not. For example, the “follow us” function in the official website will lead you to access to our official accounts in social network platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and etc.) where you can be aware of the marketing or promotional information published by OPPO.
X How Your Personal Data Is Transferred Globally
1. In principle, the personal data collected and produced within the territory of European Union is stored within the territory of the European Union.
2. Nevertheless, we provide products and services based on our resources and servers around the world, which means to ensure the uniqueness of your account so that it can be used globally without duplication, after acquiring your authorization and consent, your personal data (i.e. IMEI, mobile phone number, email address, and user name information) might be transmitted to a jurisdiction or accessed from jurisdictions outside of the country/region where you use the products or services after de-identification.
3. In case your personal data is transferred to countries located outside of the EEA, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are taken, such as:
· The country to which the personal data are transferred has benefited from an adequacy decision by the European Commission under Article 45 of the GDPR; or
· Standard data protection contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission pursuant to Article 47 of the GDPR have been established.
In the absence of the above appropriate safeguards, we will ask you for your explicit consent for cross-border transmission of your personal data. In the meantime, security measures such as encryption or de-identification will be adopted for the safety of your personal data.
For more information about the safeguards relating to personal data transfers outside of the EEA, please contact our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com.
XII Product-Specific Details
The followings are specific privacy practices for certain OPPO products and services that you may use.
1. OPPO Cloud Services
Through OPPO cloud services, you can use certain Internet services, including securely storing your personal data (such as photos, videos, contacts, text messages, notes, browser bookmarks, calendars, call records, etc.) in the cloud for your access. When you use the OPPO cloud services to retrieve your phone, the uploaded personal data also includes location information. Once you enable the OPPO cloud services, your personal content will be automatically sent to our servers in the EU and will be stored on it. Then you can access these data through your mobile phone or computer, and these data would be automatically synchronized to your other phones or computers that enabled OPPO cloud services.
2. Account Registration Services
You can use your OPPO ID to enjoy OPPO’s services. .We may collect the following information you provided to create your ID: your date of birth, mobile phone number, email address, emergency contact person and their contact information, username created, and password you submit when you login to your account.
We are authorized to use the above information you provide during your use of this service. If you log out of your ID, you can close your account via the link: https://id.oppo.com/static/userdata_index.html?region=en. After the account is closed, we will stop providing you with products or services, and we will delete your personal data as you requested, unless otherwise specified by laws and regulations. The above information will be stored within EU territory. However, in order to facilitate your normal use of the account service worldwide, we will transfer your account information outside the territory of the European Union. We will ensure that your personal data receives adequate protection during the process of the transfer. For specific protection measures, please refer to Part X on How Your Personal Data Is Transferred Globally.
NO.18 Haibin Road, Wusha, Chang'an, Dongguan, Guangdong, PRC China
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.